The weekly International Health Policies (IHP) newsletter is a flagship (knowledge management) activity of the IHP network, funded by DGD. The network aims to “empower committed groups of global health experts based in the South through innovative collaborative models allowing them to have greater control on policy and implementation knowledge and its management”, in line with ITM’s ‘Switching the Poles’ logic.
As was the case in the past few years, we would like to draw upon 2 interns from the Global South to help us in this respect. The interns will be expected to join the IHP team for a 3-month period, most probably one in the first half of 2018, the other one in the second half. Interns will be based in Antwerp, Belgium, for three months. Besides IHP related work, they can also take part in other health policy unit meetings, classes & activities.
For more info on IHP (network, newsletter & blogs), see the website: http://www.internationalhealthpolicies.org/
Interns will, among others, help with:
- The weekly compilation of global health policy, HPSR & global governance news & articles
- (Co-) Writing editorials and blogs
- The weekly listings in the newsletter
- Polishing & finetuning of IHP blogs (from other authors)
Interns will also cover at least one global health event (for example, the World Health Assembly, the World Health Summit, the Liverpool HSR symposium, another conference, …)
- Be an EV alumnus (from any cohort – 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014 or 2016) OR a health journalist with focus on health policies & health systems (incl. research).
- Have good writing skills (in English)
- Have a strong health policy & systems research background (with a general interest in global & planetary health)
- Be from the Global South (i.e. nationality from the South )
(cfr: to give you an idea, interns from the past few years were from Uganda, India, Guatemala & Nigeria)
If interested, send
- your CV (max. 3 pages)
- a motivation letter (maximum 500 words) – mention also which period you’d prefer for your internship.
to [email protected] by January 15 at the latest.